A Definite Guide to Change WiFi Name of TP-Link Extender
TP-Link WiFi extenders are known for providing users with a superb internet experience. By connecting their client devices to the WiFi network of the TP-Link extenders, users can play online games and watch online movies without lag. But, it becomes difficult to find the WiFi name of the TP-Link extender on the network list if there are a number of WiFi networks available with the same name. Therefore, it is necessary to change WiFi name of the TP-Link extender. Here, we will provide you with the step-by-step guide to change the network name of your TP-Link range extender. So, read on.
How to Change WiFi Name of TP-Link Extender?
You can change the network name of your TP-Link range extender either via its web GUI or using the Tether app. Now, let us shed light on both methods one by one.
Change WiFi Name of Extender via Web GUI
- First and foremost, plug your TP-Link wireless extender into a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button and wait for the LED light on your extender to stabilize.
- Now, consider connecting your TP-Link extender to the main router either using a wired or wireless source.
- Thereafter, get access to a laptop or desktop.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
Note: No matter which web browser you choose, it should be running on its updated version. Also, it needs to be free of junk files. Else, you won’t be able to prevent yourself from running into technical issues amidst the process of changing WiFi name of the extender.
- Go to the address bar and enter the default web address of your TP-Link range extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- The TP Link repeater login page will come into view prompting you to enter the extender’s username and password.
- So, enter the default admin details of your TP-Link wireless extender and click the Log In button.
- The TP-Link extender dashboard will welcome you.
- Now, go to the Settings tab and select the Wireless option.
- Click Extended Network.
- A window displaying the Extended Network Settings will come into view.
- Enter the new WiFi name in the Extended 2.4GHz SSID field.
- Do the same with the Extended 5GHz field.
- Lastly, click the Save button.
That’s how you can change WiFi name of your TP-Link extender by accessing the web GUI. Just in case, you get stuck amidst the process, use the Tether app to perform the same process or get in touch with our team of experts.
Change WiFi Name Using TP-Link Tether App
- Ensure that your TP-Link extender is properly connected to the main router.
- Once assured, unlock your mobile device.
- Tap the TP-Link Tether app icon to open it.
Note: If you haven’t downloaded the TP-Link Tether app yet, visit the Google Play Store or App Store as per the availability of your smartphone. However, don’t forget to register your device after downloading the Tether app.
- Now, log in to your extender by filling in the default username and password.
- The extender’s dashboard will appear on the screen.
- Now, tap the Tools option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Extended Network option.
- Enter the new WiFi name of your TP-Link extender and tap the Save button.
In this manner, you can change WiFi name of the TP-Link extender using the Tether app. Once you do that, the old WiFi name of the TP-Link extender won’t be visible on any network list. You need to connect your client devices to the extender’s new WiFi name.
Note: No matter whether you own a TP-Link RE900XD extender or TP-Link RE330 extender, the steps to change WiFi name will remain the same.
Although one can easily change the extender’s network name using any of the above-discussed methods, however, some users fail to do so. If you have also met the same fate, the following troubleshooting hacks will help you resolve the problem.
Can’t Change WiFi Name of TP-Link Extender?
- Ensure that neither your TP-Link extender nor the router is getting an insufficient power supply. You must use damage-free electrical sockets to power up your WiFi devices.
- The connection between your TP-Link extender and the router needs to be strong irrespective of the source used.
- Use the updated version of the TP-Link Tether app to change WiFi name of the extender.
- Avoid disconnecting the extender and router throughout the process.
Did you get success in giving a new WiFi name to your TP-Link extender? It looks like you are still unable to change WiFi name of your device. No worries! Contact our experts. They are always on their toes to assist TP-Link users.