TP-Link WiFi Extender Setup
In this guide, we will talk about different methods through which you can perform TP Link WiFi extender setup. After performing TP-Link extender setup in your home, you can easily gain access to a seamless and lag-free internet connection on all your WiFi-enabled devices. The plus point of configuring a TP-Link extender is that no matter in which corner of your house you’re sitting, the internet speed won’t get slowed down.
TP-Link WiFi Extender Setup via WPS Method
Note: You can only use this method to setup TP Link extender if your extender as well as your router have the WPS button located on them.
Out of all the setup methods, the WPS method is considered the easiest one. Take the help of the steps mentioned below and get to know how to perform TP Link WiFi extender setup by pressing the WPS button:
- Plug your TP-Link wireless extender into an electrical socket.
Note: Make sure that the wall socket into which your device is plugged is not damaged.
- Press the Power button.
- Let the power LED become green.
- Locate the WPS button on your TP-Link extender.
- Once located, carefully press it.
- The LED on your extender will blink. If it doesn’t, press the WPS button again.
- After some time, change the location of your wireless range extender.
With that, you will be able to perform TP-Link WiFi extender setup using the WPS method.
TP Link Extender Setup Without WPS
If the aforementioned method didn’t help you setup TP Link extender, you can consider performing TP Link extender setup without WPS. In simple words, you can try another method to configure your wireless extender i.e. Manual method.
Here are the guidelines you need to walk through in order to perform TP Link WiFi extender setup manually:
- Place your TP-Link extender near the existing router.
Note:Your wireless range extender and router should not be placed too close. Otherwise, their WiFi signals might end up clashing.
- Make sure that both your extender and home router are properly plugged into their respective wall outlet
- Once assured, connect your devices using a wired or wireless source.
Note: If you choose to connect your extender and router using a wire, make sure that it isn’t worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Next, switch on your computer. If you don’t have a computer, laptop will do fine too.
- Open an internet browser of your choice like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be asked to fill in the default username and password.
Note:You can find the default TP link extender login credentials of your device in the user manual.
- The Quick Setup Wizard will come into view.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select your Region and hit Next.
- Choose the WiFi network you would like to extend.
- Click Next.
- Review all the settings and if they are fine, click Finish.
That’s it! By following the above-mentioned guidelines, you will be able to perform TP Link WiFi extender setup via the Manual method.
- Gain access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
- Connect as many WiFi-enabled devices to the internet as you want.
TP Link Extender Setup Using Tether App
Many users struggle while performing TP-Link WiFi extender setup using a computer or laptop. If you are facing the same issue, you’ll be glad to know that you can also use your mobile device to setup TP Link extender.
Take a glance at the below-given instructions and learn how to perform TP Link setup using the Tether app:
- Unlock your mobile phone.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Note The Tether app operates on both Android and iOS devices. If you are using an iOS device, download the app from the App Store. And in the case of an Android device, go to the Google Play Store.
- Download the Tether app.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed.
Note:Do not perform any background activities on your WiFi-enabled device while the Tether app is getting installed.
- Once the app gets installed, launch it.
- If you don’t already have an account, create one.
- Log in to your TP-Link extender and follow the on-screen prompts.
Bingo! In this manner, the process of TP Link setup using the Tether app has come to an end. In case you face any issues while performing TP Link setup, it is recommended that you get in touch with our technical experts. They are always available to assist you.
If you want to troubleshoot the TP Link setup issues by yourself, take the help of the hacks outlined below.
Hacks to Fix TP-Link Extender Setup Issues
- Make sure that your TP-Link wireless range extender are getting an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical socket.
- In case your wireless range extender supports antennas, make sure that you have them connected properly.
- If the connection between your extender and your home router is unstable, it can also cause setup issues. Thus, make sure that the connection between your devices is not loose.
- Ensure that there are no typing errors in the web address that you have entered in the address bar of your internet browser. Also, make sure that the default web address is not typed in the search bar.
- Antivirus software and firewall can prevent you from accessing certain websites, thereby leading you to TP-Link extender setup issues. To get rid of the issue, temporarily disable such software on your device.
- VPN or proxy software can also cause setup issues. Therefore, disable them for some time and check whether you are able to install your device properly.
- Chances are that you haven’t used the correct login username and password while setting up your device. So, the next time you try to log in to your device, enter the correct login credentials.
- Keep your TP-Link extender away from devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, etc. Also, keep it away from transmitting appliances like refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, and televisions.
- Make sure that the your TP-Link extender and your home router are placed in close proximity.
- Whatever web browser you use are using, it should be running on its updated version. Also, the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser ought to be cleared.
- In case tplinkrepeater.net is not working for you, consider using the default IP address to log in to your TP-Link range extender.
Hopefully these TP link troubleshooting hacks will help you get rid of the TP-Link extender setup issues. On the off chance, you are struggling with the same, either consider rebooting your device or performing factory default reset.
How to Reboot TP-Link Wireless Extender?
Here is how you can give your device a restart to get rid of the TP-Link extender setup issues:
- Disconnect your TP-Link wireless range extender from your home router.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from its wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your extender back into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Connect your TP-Link extender and router using a wired or wireless connection.
Now, check whether you are still experiencing TP-Link WiFi extender setup issues.
How to Reset TP-Link WiFi Range Extender?
Follow the steps mentioned below to restore your TP-Link extender to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located on your TP-Link extender.
- Found? You’re doing great so far!
- Take an oil pin or paper clip and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
In some time, your TP-Link wireless range extender will get restored to the default mode. If you come across any issues during the reset process, feel free to contact our well-versed technicians via chat or email.