TP-Link Extender Setup
In this guide, we will talk about different methods through which you can perform TP-Link extender setup. After performing TP Link setup in your home, you can easily gain access to a seamless and lag-free internet connection on all your client devices. The plus point of configuring the extender is that no matter in which corner of your house you’re sitting, the internet speed won’t get slowed down.
TP-Link Extender Setup via WPS Method
Note: You can only use this method to setup WiFi range extender if your extender as well as your router have the WPS button located on them.
Out of all the setup methods, the WPS method is considered the easiest one. Take the help of the steps mentioned below and get to know how to perform TP Link setup by pressing the WPS button:
- Plug your wireless extender into an electrical socket.
Note: Make sure that the wall socket into which your device is plugged is not damaged.
- Press the Power button.
- Let the power LED become green.
- Locate the WPS button on your extender.
- Once located, carefully press it.
- The LED on your extender will blink. If it doesn’t, press the WPS button again.
- After some time, change the location of your wireless range extender.
With that, you will be able to perform extender setup using the WPS method.
TP Link Extender Setup Without WPS
If the aforementioned method didn’t help you set up the extender, you can consider performing WiFi extender setup without WPS. In simple words, you can try another method to configure your wireless extender i.e. Manual method.
Here are the guidelines you need to walk through in order to perform WiFi extender setup manually:
- Place your extender near the existing router.
Note:Your wireless range extender and router should not be placed too close. Otherwise, their WiFi signals might end up clashing.
- Make sure that both your extender and home router are properly plugged into their respective wall outlet
- Once assured, connect your devices using a wired or wireless source.
Note: If you choose to connect your extender and router using a wire, make sure that it isn’t worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Next, switch on your computer. If you don’t have a computer, laptop will do fine too.
- Open an internet browser of your choice like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be asked to fill in the default username and password.
Note:You can find the default TP link extender login credentials of your device in the user manual.
- The Quick Setup Wizard will come into view.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select your Region and hit Next.
- Choose the WiFi network you would like to extend.
- Click Next.
- Review all the settings and if they are fine, click Finish.
That’s it! By following the above-mentioned guidelines, you will be able to perform TP-Link setup via the Manual method.
- Gain access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
- Make your client devices access the internet as you want.
Hacks to Fix TP-Link Extender Setup Issues
- Make sure that your wireless range extender are getting an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical socket.
- In case your wireless range extender supports antennas, make sure that you have them connected properly.
- If the connection between your extender and your home router is unstable, it can also cause setup issues. Thus, make sure that the connection between your devices is not loose.
- Ensure that there are no typing errors in the web address that you have entered in the address bar of your internet browser. Also, make sure that the default web address is not typed in the search bar.
- Antivirus software and firewall can prevent you from accessing certain websites, thereby leading you to TP-Link extender setup issues. To get rid of the issue, temporarily disable such software on your device.
- VPN or proxy software can also cause setup issues. Therefore, disable them for some time and check whether you are able to install your device properly.
- Chances are that you haven’t used the correct login username and password while setting up your device. So, the next time you try to log in to your device, enter the correct login credentials.
- Keep your extender away from devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, etc. Also, keep it away from transmitting appliances like refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, and televisions.
- Make sure that the your WiFi range extender and your home router are placed in close proximity.
- Whatever web browser you use are using, it should be running on its updated version. Also, the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser ought to be cleared.
- In case tplinkrepeater.net is not working for you, consider using the default IP address to log in to your range extender.
Hopefully these TP link troubleshooting hacks will help you get rid of the TP-Link extender setup issues. On the off chance, you are struggling with the same, either consider rebooting your device or performing factory default reset.