Want to Do TP-Link Extender Setup Through Mobile? Let’s Help!
The contribution of TP-Link range extenders is undeniable in the networking realm. They do the job of amplifying the WiFi signals emitted by the host router and spreading them over the entire house. But, not everyone has access to a computer and hence cannot set up the extender via tplinkrepeater.net. In that case, an alternate method is required. Thankfully, users can do TP-Link extender setup through mobile. Did you know that? No? Well, now you do. This post not only highlights the steps to set up a wireless range extender via a mobile phone but also sheds light on the TP Link troubleshooting tips to get the setup problems fixed in case you face any.
Is It Possible to Do TP-Link Extender Setup Through Mobile?
As mentioned earlier that the extender setup procedure can also be completed with the help of a mobile phone, the application named “Tether” will assist you to do the same. All you have to do is install it on your mobile phone by navigating to the app store which completely depends upon the OS. However, avoid downloading the obsolete version of the app. As soon as the app gets installed, you can proceed to do TP-Link extender setup through mobile. The next section talks about the steps that will help you with the extender’s configuration.
Just in case you feel like needing help during the setup procedure, do not hesitate to ping our experts.
How to Do TP-Link Extender Setup through Mobile?
- First of all, ensure that your range extender’s accessories are properly connected.
- After that, plug it directly into the power socket [if its form factor is plug and play].
- Pushing the Power button will make the extender’s lights lit
- Create a connection between your TP-Link extender and host router via Ethernet cable.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone and launch the Tether app.
- Put in the default password of your extender to use to reach the Quick Setup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete TP-Link extender setup through mobile.
This is how you can set up your wireless range extender via a mobile phone. Although the setup steps mentioned here are easy to execute and will bring you TP-Link extender setup success. On the off chance, problems arise, you are free to take the assistance of the following section.
Can’t Do TP-Link Extender Setup through Mobile?
- Ensure that the mobile you’ve chosen to install your TP-Link WiFi range extender is fully charged and is not running in power-saving mode.
- There should be no pending updates available for the OS of your mobile phone.
- The connection between your range extender and the host router must be non-shaky throughout the setup process.
- Stay in the range of the extender while doing TP-Link extender setup through mobile.
- The login password of your extender must be entered carefully into its field.
- Clear all the tabs on your mobile phone before starting the extender setup via the app.
- Make sure that the WiFi signals of your TP-Link device are not getting blocked.
- Last, but not least, consider going through the on-screen instructions with utmost care.
The Concluding Thought
Performing TP-Link extender setup through mobile is an easy process if you are well aware of the instructions. We are hopeful that the instructions mentioned in this post will help you complete the extender setup process via a mobile device. However, it is not the setup process only that can be executed via the Tether app. It facilitates you to do the extender’s firmware update, hide its SSID, enable high-speed mode, set up parental controls, and much more. If you want to know about the applications of these features and the process to enable them, consider contacting our team. They’ll be glad to help you.