Why is TP-Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender Not Working?
No matter how great it is, every technical device is prone to issues. So, if your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender is not working, don’t be shocked. To help you resolve this issue, we have mentioned some troubleshooting hacks in this post. Walk through them and learn how to make your wireless device up and running again.
Fixed: TP-Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender Not Working
a) Reboot Your TP-Link Extender
Technical glitches are the topmost reason why your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender is not working. To get rid of these glitches, you need to give your device a restart. Here’s how:
- Disconnect your TP-Link AC750 WiFi extender from the existing router.
- Power off your wireless extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your wireless range extender back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Do not forget to reconnect your extender to your home router.
After rebooting your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender, check whether it has started working properly or not. If not, take the help of the next troubleshooting hack.
b) Relocate Your WiFi Extender
Improper location can also force your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender to not function. You might have placed your extender near transmitting appliances, electronic devices, metal objects, or reflexive surfaces. Such things can interfere with the signals of your device thereby degrading its performance.
Therefore, change the location of your extender and ensure that it is kept away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, aluminum studs, corners, concrete walls, etc.
c) Update Firmware
Chances are that the firmware of your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender is running on an outdated firmware version. This might be another reason why your device is not standing up to the mark.
Thus, without wasting any more, update the firmware of your extender by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link AC750 extender.
- Launch a web browser on your WiFi-enabled device.
- In the URL bar of the web browser, type the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be asked to input the default login credentials. So, enter the required details.
- You will get redirected to the Quick Setup wizard.
- Click Settings > Administration.
- Select Firmware Update > Browse.
- Select the firmware file that you downloaded.
- Click Upgrade.
After some time, the firmware of your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender will get updated to the latest version.
d) Check the Power Supply
Are you sure that your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender is receiving an adequate power supply from the outlet? Maybe not! And that might be because of a damaged wall socket.
To troubleshoot the issue, you have can do either of the following things:
- Get your current wall socket fixed.
- Plug your TP-Link extender into another wall socket.
If even now your TP-Link AC750 WiFi extender is not working, it is high time you reset it.
e) Reset Your TP-Link Extender
Resetting your TP-Link extender will restore it to the factory default settings. This means that you’ll have to perform TP Link WiFi extender setup from scratch. But, it’s worth the risk, right?
If you agree, follow the below-mentioned guidelines and learn how to reset your device:
- Look for the Reset button located on your TP-Link AC750 extender.
- Once found, take an oil pin and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time.
Being a technical device, it is quite normal for your TP-Link AC750 WiFi range extender to come across technical issues. However, if you follow the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you will surely be able to fix them.
For any queries, get in touch with our technical experts. They are always on the ball to assist you.