TP Link Extender Login
Are you trying to access the settings of your TP Link WiFi extender? If yes, then you can get success with the process only after doing TP Link extender login. It has been found that many users face issues while accessing TP Link WiFi extender login page. They usually get stuck with an error message saying you can’t log in to TP Link extender. The most common reason behind facing the issue can be that your TP Link extender is not configured in a proper manner. If so, then you need to reset your TP Link WiFi extender and set up it again from scratch. Well, before that, have a tab on the various sections given on this page guiding you on how to do TP Link extender login, troubleshooting tips to fix TP Link WiFi extender login issues, TP Link WiFi extender login FAQs, and a lot more.
Just in case if even after following all the tips we are going to explain in the sections below, you would not be able to get success with the TP-Link extender login process, we’ll also guide you on how to reset TP Link WiFi extender and reconfigure it right from the beginning. Bear in mind, our tech support executives are 24x7 available for those who need an instant fix for the TP Link extender login issues. So, feel free to contact our experts at any hour of the day as per your need.
How to Do TP Link WiFi Extender Login?
Walk through the steps given below and learn how to log in to TP Link extender in a hassle-free manner.
- Turn on your TP Link WiFi extender by plugging its power cord into a working wall outlet.
- Before that, make sure your extender is connected to your existing router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Next, launch the web browser you already have installed on your PC and type the default web address of your TP Link WiFi extender into the address field.
- Hit the Enter key to proceed further.
- Completion of this step will take you to the TP-Link extender login page.
- Now, type the default login credentials into their respective fields and select Login.
Note: If you have changed the TP Link WiFi extender login details after configuring your device, consider using the updated details.
That’s how you can do TP Link extender login.
TP Link Extender Login via Tether App
If the manual method is not letting you get success with the TP Link WiFi extender login process, then try using TP Link extender app for getting the job done. Here’s how:
This is all about how to do TP Link extender login via Tether app. If even after following the steps you have not succeeded with the login process of your TP Link extender, worry not! Have a nudge on the next section.
Tips to Get TP Link Extender Login Success
If the above steps have not taken you to the dashboard of your TP Link WiFi extender, here are a few tips for you to follow:
Following all these tips will help you get success with the TP Link extender login process. If still nothing is not going in your favor when it comes to doing TP Link extender login, feel free to contact our technical support executives for quick help.
How to Troubleshoot TP Link Extender Login Issues
1. Reboot Your WiFi Network
Yes, you read it right! You might be finding the solution a bit bizarre, but it works well in most cases. So, without any further ado, reboot your WiFi network. This can be done by unplugging your extender, router, PC, and modem from their power sockets for some time. Once you feel that enough time has been given to your all devices for reviving their performance, you can plug them back into their sockets and try logging in to your TP Link WiFi extender to see if it works for you.
2. Update Your Web Browser
The web browser used for accessing the TP-Link extender login page must be updated. If it is not, consider updating it right away. Also, make sure your browser is not carrying the junk of cache and cookies.
3. Check Wired Connections
If the Ethernet cable connecting your router and TP Link WiFi extender is broken, then also you won’t be able to get success with the TP Link extender login process. Also, make sure the connection between all your devices is stable and finger-tight.
4. Temporarily Disable Firewall and Antivirus
If the system that is being used by you for the process of TP Link extender login is having firewall and antivirus applications installed, then they may also cause the issue. For fixing this, you are advised to temporarily disable such apps on your system.
5. Turn Off Proxy Applications
There are certain times when you need to use VPN or proxy software for your work. But, the use of these apps may also stop you from doing TP Link extender login. If you are using the same, then disable them for a while and check if you can access the TP Link WiFi extender login page.
These all are the ways using which you can get rid of the TP Link extender login issues. If still things are not working for you and you can’t get success with the login process of your TP Link WiFi extender, then feel free to contact our technical support executives at the time you want.
TP Link WiFi Extender Login FAQs
- Make sure you raise it with the same height as that of your home WiFi router.
- Don’t keep your TP Link WiFi extender inside a cabinet, in a corner, or under a surface.
- Put the antennas in the vertical position so as to avoid any issues while doing TP Link WiFi extender login.
- Avoid placing it near obstacles like reflexive surfaces, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- Locate both your router and TP Link WiFi extender in the line of sight.
Still Facing TP Link WiFi Extender Login Issues?
Did nothing work so far when it comes to fixing TP Link WiFi extender login issues? If so, it seems your extender is not configured in a proper manner. If that is the case, you need to set up your device from scratch by resetting it to its default factory settings. Here are the step-by-step instructions explaining the TP Link extender reset and reconfiguration process.
How to Reset and Reconfigure TP Link WiFi Extender?
Disconnect your extender from all the connected devices. However, make sure your extender is plugged into a working socket and is turned on.
- Locate the Reset button on your TP Link WiFi extender and press it.
- In a while your device will restore to its default settings.
- Once done, connect the extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Let the LED on your extender become stable.
- Open a web browser on your computer and type tplinkrepeater.net in the web address field.
- Press the Enter key to proceed further.
- You will then be asked to type in your TP-Link extender login details. So, fill in the same to the given fields.
- Hit Login to access the web management page of your TP Link extender.
- Reaching here, certain prompts will reveal on your computer’s screen.
- Follow all the prompts the same they are to reconfigure your TP Link WiFi range extender.
Bonus: Bear in mind to change the TP Link extender login details after configuring it again for keeping it secure from potential threats.
This is all about how to fix TP Link extender login issues. If reading the troubleshooting points given on this page are not helping you fix the issue, you are advised to contact our support team for having prompt solutions for your TP Link extender login issues. We’re 24x7 available, FYI.
How to Change TP Link Extender Login Details?
For keeping your TP Link WiFi extender secure, it is always recommended to change the login details of your device. This section will help you get success with the process. Read on.
You can change TP Link extender login details either using the manual method or with the help of the TP Link extender app. Below we are going to explain the step-by-step instructions on changing the TP link WiFi extender login details using the TP Link Tether app.
Note: TP Link allows users to change only the network name for their extenders. You cannot change the WiFi password of your TP Link WiFi extender. It will remain the same as your home WiFi router.
- Launch the TP Link extender app on your smartphone.
- Get access to the app interface of your extender using the default TP-Link extender login details.
- Once done, navigate to settings and tap on the Extended Network option.
- Thereafter, select the Change the Network Name option.
- You can now give your TP Link WiFi extender a new name of your choice.
Note: You can change the network name of your TP Link WiFi extender only if you have configured your device using the TP Link Tether app or the web management page. If the WPS method has been used by you for setting up the extender, the network name of your extender will remain the same as your home WiFi router or with a slight change of ext at the end.
This is all about changing TP Link WiFi extender login details using the TP Link extender app.
TP Link Tether App Not Working?
TP Link extender users approach us many times to know why TP Link Tether app not working for them. If the same is the case with you and you’re unable to make the most of your TP Link WiFi extender due to issues with the Tether app, then this section can prove to be of big help.
Here we’re going to jot down various troubleshooting tips to help you fix the TP Link Tether app not working issue. So, keep scrolling down to get yourself acquainted with the possible fixes.
- Make sure the smartphone that is being used by you for accessing the TP Link Tether app is not infected with viruses or malicious content.
- Reboot your smartphone by turning it off for some time and again try to launch the Tether app.
- If the TP Link Tether app not working issue is occurring while logging in to your extender, then power cycle your extender once. This can be done by unplugging the extender from its socket for some time.
- You may also experience the TP Link Tether app not working issue if your smartphone is having access to both WiFi data as well as cellular data. To get the issue fixed, turn off your cellular data and see if it works for you.
- Verify if you have downloaded the updated version of the TP Link extender app on your device. If not, update the software version of the Tether app right away.
- Another cause behind facing the TP Link Tether app not working issue could be the use of wrong login details. Thus, make sure the TP Link extender login details used by you for logging in to your device are accurate. Apart from that, if you have changed the network name of your TP Link WiFi extender after configuring it but still are using the default one, then also the TP Link extender app will not work for you.
- Clearing the cache from TP Link Tether app can also help you fix the long-going issue. You can free your app of the junk of cache by navigating to the settings of your smartphone.
- Lastly, TP Link Tether app not working issue can come into view if your extender is not configured in a proper manner. For fixing this, you need to reset your TP Link extender to the default settings and then configure it again.
It is expected that the troubleshooting hacks listed above will help you rid yourself of the TP Link extender app not working issue. Just in case still the same issue is making you stump, feel free to contact our technical experts to help you fix the issue in an instant.
TP Link Extender Connected but No Internet?
TP Link extender connected but no internet is another most common issue faced by TP Link extender users. The issue can occur due to various reasons. Let’s give you a glance at possible fixes:
- Check if the router to which your TP Link extender is connected is configured in a proper manner.
- Make sure there is no problem from the end of your Internet Service Provider.
- Connect your smartphone to the network of your WiFi router by accessing the TP link router login page and confirm whether you can access the internet. If yes, then there might be a technical glitch in your extender. For fixing this, simply reboot your TP Link WiFi extender by unplugging it for a while.
- Check if your extender is placed within the range of your existing router.
- TP Link extender connected but no internet issue can also occur if your extender is placed near devices emitting radio waves. Thus, relocate your extender and make sure it does not get WiFi interference from any nearby things or appliances.
- You may get entangled in the mess of TP Link WiFi extender connected but no internet issue due to the availability of viruses and malicious files on your device. Thus, make sure you use a device that is not having any such kind of problems.
- A corrupted DNS can also create the issue you are currently struggling with. To fix this, switch to a better DNS. Erasing the DNS cache can also help you fix the TP Link extender connected but no internet issue.
- The WiFi channel to which your TP Link WiFi extender is connected might be overcrowded or getting network interference. For getting this fixed, change the WiFi channel of your extender by accessing the TP Link extender login page. You are advised to set your device to the WiFi channel that is less congested. You can also contact our technical experts for having assistance.
- Installation of apps like ad-blocker, antivirus, and firewall can also stop you from accessing the internet on your device even after connecting the TP Link extender’s network. Thus, disable such apps for a while and see if it fixes the issue for you.
Walking through these steps, you will not only be able to fix the TP Link extender connected but no internet issue but also take your internet-using experience to new heights.